Anne Arnold- Chair
Anne Arnold was appointed as the Chair of the Heritage Council of Western Australia in February 2016.
Formerly the Deputy Chair of the Heritage Council and Chair of the Development Committee, Anne been a member of the Heritage Council board since 2008.
Anne is a former Chief Executive of the Real Estate Institute of Western Australia. She has been involved in property, planning, real estate and housing throughout her career. She is also currently holds positions as director of the WA Land Information Authority (Landgate) and of Southern Cross Care WA.
Anne has had an interest in heritage and its impact on property owners throughout her career. In her role as Chair she is an advocate of adaptive re-use of heritage buildings and working with owners to enhance their developments by retaining and heritage buildings and fabric.
Anne continues the work of her predecessor in focusing the Council on good governance and transparent and accountable processes, and on working jointly with the staff of the State heritage Office to achieve great outcomes for heritage in WA.
Qualifications and background
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Western Australia
- Chief Executive, Real Estate Institute of WA, 2004 to 2012
- Executive Director, Office of Policy and Planning, Department of Housing and Works, 2001-2003
- Director, Office of Housing Policy, WA Government, 1999-2001
- Executive Director, Urban Development Institute of Australia (WA Division) 1988-1998
- Member, Western Australian Planning Commission 1993-1999