Anne Arnold- Chair
Anne Arnold was appointed as the Chair of the Heritage Council of Western Australia in February 2016.
Formerly the Deputy Chair of the Heritage Council and Chair of the Development Committee, Anne been a member of the Heritage Council board since 2008.
Anne is the former Chief Executive of the Real Estate Institute of Western Australia. She has been involved in property, planning, real estate and housing throughout her career. She is currently also a member of the Board of Landgate and a Director of Southern Cross Care.
Anne has had an ongoing interest in heritage and its impact on property owners throughout her career in property. This includes working with owners about the benefits of heritage listing and assisting them to optimise the commercial viability of any development of their properties.
Qualifications and background
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Western Australia
- Chief Executive, Real Estate Institute of WA, 2004 to 2012
- Executive Director, Office of Policy and Planning, Department of Housing and Works, 2001-2003
- Director, Office of Housing Policy, WA Government, 1999-2001
- Executive Director, Urban Development Institute of Australia (WA Division) 1988-1998
- Member, Western Australian Planning Commission 1993-1999